Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tool 3 Reflection



Youtube, USA Today, Teachertube, PBS, and CNN all provide good video resources for my classroom. The key here is mixing the engaging with the appropriate. Youtube in particular has a host of videos with a slightly funny or zany spin on topics, a spin that students love. I like this quick video on longitude and latitude:



And here’s a good one I found for the Discovery Channel that I think will just my kids' interest about the world as a topic of study:






 I enjoyed the Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Media Literacy Education video and I think kids in my class would as well. There are so many ways to exchange and share resources online, and it's good for everybody to be versed in the best practices. I for one love photopin and flickr creative commons.

Dropbox will be great in my classroom this coming year. I have used it as a resource exchange site for a couple of months now and am addicted. I’m excited to see the way this will make turning in and sharing material in my classroom more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment